Jesus’ last words on the cross: “It’s finished!”
- Not “完了!” but ”成 了!”
- “telestai”: “it’s done” – “Mission Accomplished”
Christianity is not “do” but “done”
- Everything that needs to be done to secure our salvation has been accomplished at the Cross.
- There is nothing left for us to do but receive Him as Lord and believe in His name
- John 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
Cross is means, not End
The Cross is the means; the End is life in the Kingdom of God
- Kingdom of God is the end, forgiveness of sins the means
- Jesus demonstrated Kingdom life before He went to the Cross
- But membership is not open to all yet
- Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
Life in the Kingdom begins now
- Kingdom life is not life after death, but life before and beyond death
- Rom 14:17 “The kingdom of God is not eating and drinking but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit”
When the Spirit came on the Day of Pentecost, the Kingdom has arrived
- Jesus said: “But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.” (Mt 12:28)
We are born into Devil’s Kingdom
4-D of Devil’s Rule:
- Demonization: Sinful habits & addictions. Loss of freedom.
- Diseases: Mental, emotional & physical sicknesses. Loss of wholeness.
- Decadence: Moral corruption. Loss of moral integrity.
- Death: Spiritual and physical death. Loss of relationship with God.
Sin makes us slaves of Satan
· Rom 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
· John 8:34 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.”
Slaves can only be set free if someone pays a ransom to redeem his/her freedom
- Mark 10:44-45 “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
Christ died for our sins
Jesus died as our sin-substitute
- 1 Cor. 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures
- Acts 10:38 God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.
Salvation is Transfer from Satan’s Kingdom into Christ’s Kingdom
- Demonization broken! Freedom to obey God
- Diseases healed! Wholeness of spirit, soul & body
- Decadence cleansed! Forgiveness of sins & life in the Spirit
- Death destroyed! Eternal life for all who are in the Kingdom
Salvation is not Life after Death
Salvation is not a passport to heaven you keep in the safe until you need it.
We are saved not from hell but from our sins in order to live the Kingdom life
- Col 1:13-14 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Salvation is membership in the Kingdom now
- Jesus Christ has paid the full membership fee!
Gospel is Kingdom-focused
If we want to experience kingdom blessings, we must acknowledge Jesus as Lord, not just Saviour.
Goal of Gospel is Christ & Kingdom
- 1 Cor 15:24-28 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death… When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Christ, not us, is Alpha & Omega
Gospel is not about you, but Christ and His Kingdom
- Kingdom encompasses Israel & the Church—Christ is the centre, not us
- We are not the ends, but the means to the greater end—the glory of God when His rule is re-established over His creation through Jesus Christ.
- We are beneficiaries of His rule if we acknowledge His right to rule
Blessings of the Kingdom
Luke 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel (evangelise) to the poor:
- He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted [emotional healing]
- To proclaim liberty to the captives [deliverance from demonic strongholds]
- And recovery of sight to the blind [sight for those in moral darkness]
- To set at liberty those who are oppressed [freedom from devil’s rule]
- To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord“ [divine grace and power-life in the Spirit]
Kingdom blessings belong to citizens of the kingdom who confess that Jesus is Lord
- Rom 10:9-10 if you confess [agree] with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved [transferred into God’s kingdom]
Jesus can only be your Saviour if He is your Lord and King
- Otherwise Satan is still on the throne & his oppression continues.