James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom.
James 3:15-18 This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
The "wise and understanding" is characterized not by aggression but by "meekness of wisdom." It is a wisdom that is not assertive but submissive. It speaks without harshness and it speaks with gentleness and respect. When Christians speak this way to one another, there will be the harvest of righteousness. The type of wisdom that is worldly is marked by jealousy and selfish ambition. When that happens the result is disorder and evil practices in the church and office. Godly wisdom in contrast is pure, peaceable, gentle and open to reason, being full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. Here is the list:
1. Pure: no immoral ideas and words mixed into when expressed, not peppered with profanities.
2. Peaceable: Harmonious: maintaining good relationships others, not alienating.
3.Gentle: Submissive, not harsh and demanding.
4. Open to reason: Willing to listen to contrary opinion, not ignoring others' objections.
5. Full of mercy: Overlooking others' faults, not constantly bringing them up.
6. Good fruits: Produces good and great results in every situation.
Father, I pray You will grant me daily the wisdom from above, not from below. Help me be instrument of your peace to bring forth a harvest of righteousness and fruitfulness among Your people. Help me check my tongue from speaking words that are unwholesome and unedifying. Deliver me from every motive that is carnal and demonic. In Jesus' name, Amen.